Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced growing company with an important key role managing the finances to ensure excellent performances towards both short-term and long-term plans?
We are now expanding the Axkid Team and looking for a CFO to drive the finances forwards within three main parts, Strategy, Financial analysis and Financial Management.
1. Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and as a member of the management team.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations for both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Evaluate all parts of the business from a financial perspective and make suggestions for increased efficiency.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the management team.
2. Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and monthly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain a monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Supervise the accounting department and quality ensure the reports.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
3. Financial Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Position requirements - who are we looking for?
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years minimum experience as a CFO
- 10+ years of total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system. Systems implementation experience is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Swedish
With our beginnings firmly rooted in the art of Swedish engineering, combined with a focus on safety and a passion for children’s right to security, Axkid was founded in Gothenburg, Sweden, in 2009. Our desire is to find new ways of doing things and the courage to challenge the status quo set us apart from the get-go.
We want to set new, higher standards for child traffic safety. Regardless of whether this means unique functions, technical solutions, or enhanced comfort for adults as well as children. We are leading in car seat safety in Europe and are now transforming the company from a development company to a sales and marketing company driven by digital presence.